We are going to have a bunch of "guilds" with people all over the world, in which we will battle for territory and fight with each other in a TTRPG managed online.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How To Play - The Basics (Newbies, Guests, Read this first!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: How To Play - The Basics (Newbies, Guests, Read this first!)   Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Being a Newbie is easy! Your main goal right now is to rank up to Recruit, which you can do simply by posting anything.

Now, the basics of the game.
There are a bunch of guilds.

Each one has to take over as much territory as they can. This will be recorded on your guild's map, and also on the main map.

In order to claim territory, you have to travel from your house or one of your guild's bases, leave a marker on the part you want to claim, and mark it on the guild's map (see How To Play - Guilds for more info).

You must travel by bike or foot, or some public transportation. A good rule of thumb for this is you may not travel using your own motor. Also, long-distance trains or boats or planes do not work, except under certain circumstances (see How To Play - Guilds).

Also, on the main map, the mods or the guildheads will mark "missions". There will be a different post talking about this.

When you are travelling for the guild, you must wear a "defining mark", which is different from guild to guild, and a way to let people know you are playing the game. I recommend printing out a t-shirt with your username and the name of the game on the back.

If you run into another player, you can challenge them to a duel. You can also do this over the chatbox on the front page.

Duels are settled in TTRPG fashion, but over the internet (see How To Play - Duels).

The winner of the duel has two choices: Let the loser live, or kill their character. If they let them live, they can "take the loser hostage" which means the loser can't claim territory. This ends after a week or after the winner loses a duel. The winner can also set them free, after which the loser cannot claim territory for the rest of the day and the next day to heal. The winner can also kill the player, which means they get loot and bonus XP, but they gain one notoriety (see How To Play - Characters and How To Play - Missions).

When you take territory or complete missions, you gain XP and loot, and you can also find artifacts, which help your guild.

I think that's it for now. Mods, don't post here, in case I add more stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://guildwars.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How To Play - The Basics (Newbies, Guests, Read this first!)   Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Once you post your first post, read How To Play - Recruits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://guildwars.forumotion.com

How To Play - The Basics (Newbies, Guests, Read this first!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1